Interested in Sabermetric Fantasy Football Analysis from the Saberoticians?


Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Rate My Team

Hey guys. I figured I'd give you something to look at having not posted much in the last 36 hours. This is one of my teams this year. This league is a 5x5, Roto Style, 10-team league.

C - Mike Piazza
1B - Lance Berkman
2B - Ray Durham
3B - Edwin Encarnacion
SS - Bill Hall
CI - Jason Giambi
MI - Ryan Freel
LF - Manny Ramirez
CF - Kenny Lofton
RF - Bobby Abreu
OF - Barry Bonds
OF - Adam Dunn
UT - Frank Thomas
BN - Adam LaRoche
BN - Pat Burrell
BN - Chris Duncan

SP - Jake Peavy
SP - Felix Hernandez
RP - Octavio Dotel
RP - Akinori Otsuka
P - Curt Schilling
P - Brett Myers
P - Javier Vazquez
BN - Scott Olsen
BN - Mike Pelfrey


Alright, let me know what you think of my team. I am currently trying to get a base stealer after missing out on Carlos Beltran early. A Juan Pierre type I think would fit nicely with this team, especially considering Kenny Lofton is my current CF. Anyway, my draft was conducted before my I finished my hitter rankings (which I believe I made some great strides on today), so my offense may or may not fit with my rankings exactly. All of these guys I believe are good baseball players. Let's hope that my rankings find they are good fantasy players too!

2 comments:

MaddenDude said...

Your hitters can't hit for average other than a few guys. Dunn, LaRoche, Thomas, Hall will kill your average. But other than that its balanced. You have alot of power, but I think you took Peavy too early. He couldve gone in the next round, and instead you could've picked up another solid bat. Overall your pitching is very good, but the closers need help. Dotel is a Royal, he won't get many opportunities, Otsuka is only good until Gagne comes back. Other than that, you have no closers.

Derek Carty said...

Thanks for the comment. I actually think LaRoche and Thomas are underrated contact hitters, which is partially why I like them. I have LaRoche for .294 and Thomas for .308. Dunn and Hall aren't great contact hitters, but I think I can afford it with my other guys. I appreciate the insight though.

Peavy may have lasted another round but since I picked 10th, I would have had to wait nearly 20 picks before I had another change to take him and he probably would have been gone by then.

The closer I'm not too worried about as a few are sitting on waivers now and better options are sure to pop up throughout the year.

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate it.