Interested in Sabermetric Fantasy Football Analysis from the Saberoticians?


Monday, May 21, 2007

Exciting News!

Hey everyone!

I've got some very exciting news! I was contacted a few days ago by Dave Studeman of the Hardball Times. He told me that the Hardball Times is interested in starting up Fantasy Baseball content, more specifically a blog. He asked me if I would be interested in writing for it, and I couldn't pass up a fantastic opportunity like this to write for one of my favorite baseball sites.

So, sometime in the not-so-distant future, we'll be relocating over to the Hardball Times. I'll mostly be writing about the same stuff I've been writing about here, and there will be a few other Hardball Times writers contributing to the blog as well. I know for a fact that David Gassko will be contributing, and I've been told a few of their other writers are interested as well.

While this is a pretty big change, I don't think anything will be fundamentally different. Once the change is made, you'll simply be reading my stuff in a different location, and you'll also get the insights of a few other great baseball minds. For those of you that I have regular email contact with, that won't change either. Continue sending me your questions, and I will be more than happy to continue giving you my opinions.

Anyway, I'm not sure when the shift will occur, and I'll continue posting here until it does. When it does occur, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks everyone for your support, and I look forward to continuing a good year with you all!

Derek Carty

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic - congrats!

Anonymous said...

congrats!! i really look forward to seeing your stuff in HBT!!

Anonymous said...

chalk me up too as another person wishing you congratulations and looking forward to more stuff from you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. It's good to see you get rewarded for all the hard work you've put in.

Anonymous said...

Nice going, Derek! Getting paid to do something you'd do for free... that's the life!